TODAY’S TOP NEWS: 30th OCTOBER, 2022 (GPN):
TODAY’S TOP PHOTO NEWS:
TODAYS TOP NEWS – NATIONAL AND STATES
1. Today is Chhath Puja
Karthik Shukla Shashti Tithi Timing: Oct 30, 5:50 am – Oct 31, 3:28 am.
Chhath or Chhath Puja (छठ पूजा), also known as Surya Sashthi is a festival for worshipping Surya, the Sun God and his wife Usha (Chhathi Maiya) and is celebrated six days after Diwali.
2. PM Modi to share his thoughts in Mann Ki Baat programme on Sunday @11.00 AM.
3. Spiritual leader Mata, Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma) has been appointed the Chair of the country’s Civil 20 (C20), an official engagement group of the Group of 20 (G20), by the union government
4. Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari asks IITians at a global leadership summit organized in IIT Bombay, to focus their research on use of bio-technology and to do research on manufacturing green hydrogen from electrolysing sewage water and bio-digestion of organic wastes.
5. *ANDHRA PRADESH* : Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, officially opened the third campus of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) -K campus in Kakinada.
For the construction of the IIFT permanent campus, the state government has allocated 25 acres of land at U. Kothapalli Mandal, which is close to the sea coast in the Kakinada Special Economic Zone (KSEZ).
6. *JHARKHAND* govt has declared 226 out of the total 260 blocks of the state as drought-affected. State CM Hemant Soren has decided to provide a cash relief of ₹3,500 to each affected farmer’s family in the blocks.
7. *GUJARAT* Govt has decided to set up a committee for the implementation of Uniform Civil Code in the state ahead of assembly elections.
8. *J&K* : JCB driver dead, 6 trapped after landslides hit J&K mega power project site.
9. *KERALA* state tourism department has launched a ‘Women-Friendly Tourism’ project to ensure safe and hygienic destinations for women. The all-women tour packages, which include food, accommodation, transportation and community guides, will be controlled and operated by women.
10. *MADHYA PRADESH* CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Saturday performed bhoomi pujan for construction of a six-lane cement concrete road in Bhopal.
11. *RAJASTHAN* govt has decided to reimburse airfares of Rajasthani students who returned from Ukraine between February 1 and 14. CM Ashok Gehlot said ₹50 lakh has been sanctioned for this purpose.
12. On October 29, a 369-foot-tall Shiva statue called “Viswas Swaroopam” that has been built in Nathdwara, Rajasthan’s Rajsamand district was installed. It is said to be the highest Lord Shiva statue in the entire world. Statue was built by Tat Padam Sansthan.
13. *TAMIL NADU* : BJP on Saturday called off the strike it had planned to conduct in Coimbatore on October 31.The party had earlier announced the bandh to protest against the recent Coimbatore car blast.
14. *UTTAR PRADESH* : 13 injured as bus falls into gorge in UP’s Banda district. The bus was going from Atrara to Kamasin.
14. The Centre has approved the setting up of the Terai Elephant Reserve (TER) at Dudhwa-Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh. The Terai Elephant Reserve is the 3rd Elephant Reserve in India.
1. CBI court in Asansol, West Bengal on Saturday rejected the bail application of Trinamool Congress leader Anubrata Mondal and extended his judicial custody till November 11 in a cattle smuggling case.
2. Delhi Police has registered an FIR against news portal The Wire after BJP IT Cell head Amit Malviya registered a complaint alleging that the media company “forged documents with a view to malign and tarnish” his reputation.
💷 *GBP ₹95.56*
*59,959.85 +203.01 (0.34%)* 🔼
*17,786.80 +49.85 (0.28%)* 🔼
1. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman urges National Institute of Design to expand their activities to areas like jewellery designing for innovative business solutions in designing.
2. The net worth of the world’s richest man, Elon Musk, dropped by $10 billion (nearly ₹83,000 crore) after he finalised the $44-billion deal to acquire Twitter, Bloomberg said. The latest wealth drop brought Musk’s total losses this year to $66 billion, it said.
3. India’s forex reserves hit a new low: For the week ending October 14, India’s foreign exchange reserves (Forex Reserves) further declined to a level not seen in more than two years as the country’s central bank, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) continued to defend the rupee’s decline while disregarding the serious threat posed by dwindling foreign exchange reserves.
4. Dabur India to acquire 51% stake in Badshah Masala in a Rs 587.52 crore deal. Dabur India marks its entry into the fast-growing spices and seasoning category.
1. The ace filmmaker SS Rajamouli’s, which recently hit the screens in Japan, has won its first major international honour. The biggie won the ‘Best International Film’ honour at the Saturn Awards 2022, which were held in Los Angeles. RRR is a period drama which features Jr NTR and Ram Charan as the parallel leads. RRR, which grossed nearly Rs 1,200 crore at the worldwide box office
2. Olympic bronze medal-winning boxer Vijender Singh has joined the cast of Salman Khan’s upcoming movie ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’. Salman shared the news on the occasion of Vijender’s birthday.
3. Bollywood Actress Kangana Ranaut said. Willing to enter politics if govt, people want my participation, she hails from Manali in Himachal Pradesh.
4. After Samantha Ruth Prabhu shared on social media that she has been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition called Myositis, several celebrities wished her a speedy recovery.
5. Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India(GOI), Hardeep Singh Puri has authored a new book titled “DELHI UNIVERSITY: Celebrating 100 Glorious Years”.
6. Veteran Assamese actor Nipon Goswami died on Thursday (27 Oct) at a private hospital. He was 80 years.
1. PM Modi will be on a three day to Gujarat and Rajasthan beginning on Sunday. He will lay the foundation stone of a C-295MW transport aircraft manufacturing project for the Indian Air Force (IAF) in Vadodara on Sunday.
2. Indian and US militaries to conduct the battalion-level “Yudh Abhyas” exercise between 15th November 2022 to 2nd December 2022. The Yudh Abhyas will be held at Auli in Uttarakhand which from just 100 km from the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
Yudh Abhyas military drill around 350 soldiers from each country are expected to participate.
In August, the US and Indian forces conducted the “Vajra Prahar” exercise at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh
3. The member countries of the “Quad” will conduct the Malabar exercise off Yokosuka in Japan between 8th November 2022 to 18th November 2022. The “Quad” member countries include India, Australia, Japan, and the US.
4. India to conduct the “Autra-Hind” infantry combat exercise at the Mahajan range in Rajasthan between 28th November 2022 to 11 December 2022.
5. The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) approval for the indigenous Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) — the fifth-generation twin engine fighter aircraft being developed indigenously for the Indian Air Force — is expected soon. A model of the AMCA was displayed at DefExpo-2022 held in Gujarat’s Gandhinagar last week.
6. TATA Aerospace & Defence are in talks with Lockheed Martin for manufacturing a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter in India.
7. *SIMBEX 2022* maritime exercise: From October 26 to October 30, 2022, Visakhapatnam played a home to the 29th Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX). The two phases of SIMBEX-2022 are the Harbour Phase at Visakhapatnam and the Sea Phase in the Bay of Bengal.
7. *GARUDA VII* air exercisee: At Air Force Station Jodhpur, the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the French Air and Space Force (FASF) are taking part in the bilateral exercise “Garuda VII” from October 26 to November 12, 2022.
FASF is taking part in this exercise with a troop of 220 people, one A-330 Multi Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft, and four Rafale fighter aircraft.
INTERNATIONAL NEWS ==========================
1. India, Qatar agree to celebrate 50 yrs of diplomatic relations in 2023. PM Modi on Saturday spoke to Qatar’s Amir Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
2. United Nations Security Council’s Counter Terrorism Committee has adopted the Delhi Declaration on ‘Countering the use of new and emerging technologies for terrorist purposes’.
3. External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar, Oct 29, said that threat of terrorism is growing and expanding in Asia and Africa and new emerging technologies have posed a serious challenge before the security architecture.
4. Fourth Bangladesh Film Festival was inaugurated on Saturday in Kolkata. The five day long festival is showcasing 37 popular Bangladeshi films including four documentaries and eight short films.
The festival was inaugurated by the Information and Broadcasting Minister of Bangladesh Dr. Hassan Mahmud at Rabindra Sadan.
5. India has strongly condemned the terror attack at the Shah-e-Cherag shrine in Shiraz, Iran.
6. Heads of Delegations of the United Nations Security Council’s Counter Terrorism Committee (CTC) yesterday called on President Droupadi Murmu at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. They are in India to attend the Special Meeting of the UNSC-CTC held in Mumbai and Delhi.
7. Major terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir declined after Pakistan was included in FATF grey listMumbai: Major terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir declined after Pakistan was included in the Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) grey list, a senior Indian government official said.
8. Over 100 cadets, including 35 women, were inducted into the Army at a passing-out parade held at the Officers Training Academy on Saturday. Eight gentlemen cadets and 28 women from friendly nations also completed their training.
🌎 *WORLD NEWS* 🌍
1. Russia says UK helped Ukraine with drone attack on Crimea: Russia on Saturday suspended its UN-brokered grain deal with Ukraine after claiming it thwarted a Ukrainian drone attack near Sevastopol in Crimea. Russia’s move will cut Ukrainian grain exports from its Black Sea ports, reversing efforts to ease the global food crisis.
2. At least 120 people have been killed and around 150 people have been injured in a crush when a large crowd pushed forward on a street during Halloween festivities in South Korea’s Seoul.
3. Polish PM Mateusz Morawiecki said the US govt and Westinghouse Electric Company will build the country’s first nuclear power plant. Poland plans to spend $40 billion to build two nuclear power plants.
4. US President Joe Biden will attend four global summits in three countries in the next month. Biden will first visit Egypt on November 11 for the COP27 Climate Conference. Then he will travel to Cambodia for the US-ASEAN Summit and the East Asia Summit. He will end the tour with the G20 Summit in Indonesia.
5. M23 rebel group captured the Congolese town of Kiwanja on Saturday, The army unit protecting Kiwanja departed on Friday.
6. Two car bombs exploded outside the Education Ministry building in Somalia’s capital, Mogadishu, on Saturday. Initial reports put the death toll around 10. More than 20 people were injured in the attack
*ICC MENS T20 WORLD CUP 2022*
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 27th Match,
New Zealand won by 65 runs
NZ – 167/7 (20)
SL – 102 (19.2)
Player of the Match
(a) Oct 30, Sunday
Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe
Super 12 Group 2 at The Gabba, Brisbane
(b) Oct 30, Sunday
Pakistan vs Netherlands
29th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Perth Stadium, Perth
12:30 IST / 07:00 GMT
(c) Oct 30, Sunday
India vs South Africa
30th Match, Super 12 Group 2 at Perth Stadium, Perth
16:30 IST / 11:00 GMT
2. *FRENCH OPEN BADMINTON* : India’s Chirag Shetty and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy storm into the men’s doubles final after beating South Korea’s Choi Sol Gyu and Kim Won Ho 21-18, 21-14 in the semifinals in Paris.
*Frmn* : 30 Mar 1949
*Govrnr*: Kalraj Mishra
*CM*: Ashok Gehlot (INC)
*Districts* : 33
*🥇Gold ₹ 51,530 @10gm 24 (Krt)*
🥈 *Silver ₹ 58,300 @ Kg*
⛽ *Petrol ₹ 110/Ltr*
⛽ *Diesel ₹ 95/Ltr*
*LPG : ₹ 1,057/14.2 Kg*
🇮🇳 *FACTS ABOUT INDIA* 🇮🇳
**Shivaji Bhonsale I*
(19 February 1630 – 3 April 1680) also referred to as *CHHATRAPATI SHIVAJI MAHARAJ* , was an Indian ruler and a member of the Bhonsle Maratha clan. Shivaji carved out an enclave from the declining Adilshahi sultanate of Bijapur that formed the genesis of the Maratha Empire.
Shivaji’s military forces expanded the Maratha sphere of influence, capturing and building forts, and forming a Maratha navy. Shivaji established a competent and progressive civil rule with well-structured administrative organisations. He revived ancient Hindu political traditions, court conventions and promoted the usage of the Marathi and Sanskrit languages, replacing Persian in court and administration.
*😀Thought of the day*
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. =======================
* *JOKE OF THE DAY*
*Pappu** : jab main mar jaon to samne wali family ko zaroor bulana.
*Frnd* : kyun?😳⁉️
*Pappu* : yaar unke ghar ki ladies murde se lipat lipat kar roti hain.🤪=======================
*Why Curry Leaves used in Cooking?**
They have natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. They are also a good source of iron, helping with anemia. Curry leaves also have anti-diabetic qualities, that help reduce blood sugar levels and can help regulate cholesterol.
Dried curry leaves can last up to a year when kept in a vacuum-sealed bag.
सर्वं परवशं दुःखं सर्वमात्मवशं सुखम्।*
*एतद् विद्यात् समासेन लक्षणं सुखदुःखयोः॥*
sarvaṃ paravaśaṃ duḥkhaṃ sarvamātmavaśaṃ sukham।
etad vidyāt samāsena lakṣaṇaṃ sukhaduḥkhayoḥ॥
Everything that is in other’s control is painful. All that is in self-control is happiness. This is the definition of happiness and pain in short.
जो सब अन्यों के वश में होता है, वह दुःख है। जो सब अपने वश में होता है, वह सुख है।
यही संक्षेप में सुख एवं दुःख का लक्षण है।
🤔 *HOW IT WORKS* ⁉️ =======================
*HOW A SNAKES MOVE* 🐍*
Snakes move using their flexible body. They have a long spine with which ribs are connected. Muscles connected to these ribs help the snake to move or crawl. … Snakes twist its body by successively contracting and expanding like a spring and move.
💁🏻♂ *GK TODAY*
*30 October – World Thrift Day**
World Thrift Day is observed on 30 October every year in India and in worldwide it is observed on 31st October. This day is devoted to the promotion of savings all over the world.
*BORN TODAY* 🐣💐
*Dharmsinh Dadubhai* Desai (born October 30, 1916) was an Indian politician. He was elected to the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Parliament of India from Kheda , Gujarat as a member of the Indian National Congress.
Dharamsinh Desai University was founded by him. Dharmsinh Desai was great entrepreneur industrialist and founded Apar Group in year 1958.
🙏🏻 *IDIOMS & PHRASES*
*UP IN ARMS* *
*Meaning*: Being grumpy or angry about something
*Eg* : The employees were up in arms over the management’s plan to discontinue five-day week policy.
*Grisly*: Pleasing, attractive
*Grisly*× disgusting, atrocious
🛕 *VEDIK GYAN*
(kindly inform, if given info is differ from actual facts🙏🏻) =======================
*SARASWATI* , the Goddess of Knowledge*
Saraswati stems from the Sanskrit root “saras,” which means “that which is fluid.” Goddess Saraswati is also the Goddess of the Arts.
*White Clothing* , or Sari Symbolic of purity
*A white lotus* represents purity and knowledge. Lotuses, because they remain untouched by the muddy waters within which they grow
*The veena* , in addition to representing *the arts*
*Book* , Represents the Truth or *pure knowledge*
*Japa Mala* Represents discipline, concentration, and meditation
*The peacock* represents beauty and dance. Peacocks can also represent vanity and indecision
*THE SWAN* represents beauty and also is believed to have the unique ability to separate milk from water with its beak, symbolizing the need for individuals to always discern between right and wrong.
🧬 *HEALTH CARE: HOME REMEDIES*🩺
( *Note* : These home tips followed in villages/ancient traditions, it is up to you to use it or not🙏🏻) =======================
*Tips for Back Pain Relief**
Maintain a healthy weight. Staying fit is one of the most important recommendations for avoiding back pain.
Poor posture is another major contributor of back pain.
Make sure you’re sitting deep enough in your chair so that your back can be supported by the back of the chair.
Your chair should be low enough to the ground so that you can rest your feet comfortably on the ground, but not so low that your knees are higher than your hips.
If you are working on computer, then set your computer monitor at eye level so that you aren’t slumping to get your gaze in line with your screen.
Your forearms should be well supported on the armrests of the workstation and the armrests raised high enough that you can rest your elbows on them comfortably.
DAILY HOROSCOPE AS PER ZODIAC SIGNS (30 OCTOBER 2022)
1. Aries: 21 March – 19 April
There will be an outpouring of happiness in your personal life. A Manglik program can be organized in your house. The atmosphere of the house will be positive and your relationship with your loved ones will also be strong. Today is going to be very expensive in terms of money. There is likely to be a big expenditure. To strengthen your financial condition, you need to increase your income. Also, try to save more. The day will be average in terms of work. The day is not good to start any new work. If you talk about your health, then you may have to face health-related problems due to changes in weather.Luckycolour: Light Red, Lucky Number: 31, Lucky Time: 7:00 am to 12:30 pm.
2. Taurus: 20 April – 20 May You need to forget about the past and start afresh. If you keep remembering the old things then you will not be able to move forward in life. It’s time to show something. Today can prove to be a better day for you on the work front. The workload of working professionals will be less. You will also get enough time for yourself. If you are a businessman then you can make changes in your financial plans. Situations in your personal life will be pleasant. Your mother’s health will improve. The day is going to be good with siblings. Try to maintain a good relationship with your spouse. You have to and understand the feelings of your beloved. To stay healthy, you need to consume green vegetables along with fresh fruits daily. Lucky Colour: Brown Lucky Number: 14 Lucky Time: 10:00 am to 1:20 pm
3. Gemini: 21 May – 20 June The ambience at home will be pleasant. There will be love between loved ones. If you are unmarried, then the sum of your marriage is being formed. Today will be a good day from an economic point of view. You will get the desired result. There is a strong possibility of a jump in the financial position. Working professionals can be given a chance to work on big projects in the office. However, there will be more pressure on you to prove yourself. Stay positive and work hard. You will definitely get successful. On the other hand, Businessmen can deal with big clients. A big improvement in health can be seen. You will feel good physically and mentally. Lucky Colour: Sky Blue Lucky Number: 32 Lucky Time: 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
4. Cancer: 21 June – 22 July If you are dreaming of going abroad and getting a job and you are facing any problem related to your visa or passport, then your problem can be overcome. Businessmen can make profits as expected. The ambience of your home will be good. You will get the affection and support of loved ones, especially your parents will be very happy with you. You may have ideological differences with your spouse. However, soon everything will be back to normal between you. You are advised to take care of your behaviour and speech. Your financial condition will be good. If you have a heart-related disease then you need to be careful. Lucky colour: Pink Lucky Number: 5 Lucky Time: 7:55 am to 10:30 am
5. Leo: 23 July – 22 August Stay away from people who are always unhappy. If you think well, then good will happen to you. Believe in yourself and keep working hard. Soon things will be seen turning in your favour. Businessmen are advised to avoid making big changes. A wrong decision taken in haste can land you in trouble. Today is going to be a lucky day for working professionals. You are likely to get the good news of a long pending promotion. Emotional attachment with your spouse will increase and you will be able to resolve all the grievances of your beloved. There will be newness in your relationship and your love will also increase. Avoid worrying too much about health. Lucky Colour: Green Lucky Number:16 Lucky Time: 8:00 am to 2:30 pm
6. Virgo: 23 August – 22 September Today is going to be an auspicious day for the people doing business in partnership. Your rapport with your partner will be better, as well as business profits will also increase. You are likely to make big financial gains. Today is going to be a very busy day for working professionals. The burden of pending works may increase. Today is going to be a mixed day for you in terms of money. You are advised to make deductions in your list of expenses. If any property-related matter is going on in the court, then the day is favourable for taking legal advice from the lawyer. The ambience of your home will be good. There will be less distance in the relationship with your spouse. If you have kidney-related problems, then you should avoid being too careless. Lucky Colour: Sky Blue Lucky Number: 12 Lucky Time: 1:30 pm to 7:00 pm
7. Libra: 23 September – 22 October Today is likely to be a difficult day in terms of money. Expenses may be higher. Apart from this, you may also have a dispute with someone regarding money. Things seem to be normalizing in your personal life. Your mutual understanding with the members of the house will be better and any of your big problems can be solved. The ongoing efforts regarding work will be successful and your confidence will increase. You will spend a wonderful time with your spouse. Your relationship will be strong. You may also get some valuable gifts from your beloved. Today will give mixed results for you in terms of health. You also need to take care of your health. Lucky Colour: Pink Lucky Number:8 Lucky Time: 8:40 am to 12:30 pm
8. Scorpio: 23 October – 21 November Do not let outsiders interfere too much in your personal matters, otherwise your difficulties may increase instead of diminishing. Avoid doing evil to colleagues in the office, otherwise, your image may get spoiled, as well as it will have a bad effect on your work. Today is giving a very good sign for businessmen. There can be a big improvement in your financial condition. Stuck profits can be realized. Try to increase your trust in your spouse. Do not make any opinion about your beloved by coming in the words of others. Today is likely to be a good day for you in terms of money. Spending extra money on hobby socks can increase your problems. Health can improve. Lucky Colour: Blue Lucky Number:10 Lucky Time: 4:05 pm to 9:00 pm
9. Sagittarius: 22 November – 21 December Today can prove to be a better day in terms of money. If you have lent to someone then there is a high chance of getting your money back. However, in future, it would be better if you do not do any financial transactions without thinking. Talking about work, businessmen will have to work very hard today. On the other hand, working professionals need to respect their boss in the office. The loss due to anger and ego will be yours. To keep the atmosphere of the house good, you need to spend time with your loved ones. If you are married then there will be some upheaval in your married life. If you use a laptop or computer for a long time, then you may have some problems related to the eyes. Lucky Colour: Purple Lucky Number:20 Lucky Time: 6:45 am to 10:25 am
10. Capricorn: 22 December – 19 January If any problem is going on in your life for some time, then you need to share your mind with your loved ones. Try to present your side with an open heart. It is possible that you will get the solution to your problem. It is time for a change from a work point of view. Working professionals may get new opportunities. At the same time, businessmen will speed up. You are likely to place a large order. There is a possibility of suffering from the child side. Their stubborn nature can create problems for you. As far as your health is concerned, take part in sports to stay fit and active. Lucky Colour: Dark Green Lucky Number: 11 Lucky Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
11. Aquarius: 20 January – 18 February If you do a job then you need to focus more on your work. On the other hand, if there is any problem related to your salary, then your problem can be solved. Businessmen are advised to avoid taking any important business decisions. If you do any business in partnership then you may have to face a big challenge. Due to financial constraints, some of your work is likely to get stalled in the middle. Things will be normal in your personal life. You are advised to keep a close watch the company of children else they may deviate from their path. Today is going to be a good day for you in terms of money. To stay healthy, try to sleep on time and get up early in the morning. Lucky Colour: Pink Lucky Number: 9 Lucky Time: 2:15 pm to 8:10 pm
12. Pisces: 19 February – 20 March There is a strong possibility of getting success in a job or business. There may be a boom in the economic condition of businessmen. If you are employed and are planning to do any new course etc. to get a higher post, then this time is appropriate for this. People doing business in a partnership may have to take some tough decisions during this period. There will be happiness and peace in your personal life. You may get an opportunity to undertake a religious journey with your parents. If you are single, then you can get married soon. Today is going to be a little expensive in terms of money. Household expenses may increase. You are advised to prepare your budget well in advance. Talking about health, you should include yoga and meditation in your daily routine. Lucky Colour: Blue Lucky Number:10 Lucky Time: 6:00 pm to 9:15 pm.
REGARDS, SACHIN MURDESHWAR.✒️
Leave a Reply