RESIDENTS are invited to enjoy brand-new action-packed daytime and evening events at a science centre next year.
Those in Hampshire can get set for a whole year of explosive fun at Winchester Science Centre in 2023.
Daytimes will be action-packed with six brand-new seasonal events, one for every school holiday.
Experience all the thrills of the Science Centre’s awesome hands-on exhibits live shows and demos plus extra activities – including free entry to the Planetarium this February half term. And when the doors close, the fun doesn’t stop with four brand-new family and adult-only evening events. Tickets are on sale now for the first daytime event, Zero Degrees, with events and other seasons set to go on sale very soon.
SEE ALSO: Children in Need: Andover driving school taking part in relay
- Melt away the winter chills with Zero Degrees at the February half term (January 29 to February 20)
- Spring into science fun with Boom & Bloom at Easter (March 18 to April 17)
- Enter a world of weird science, curiosity and investigation with Mysteries and Mayhem at May half term (May 13 to June 5).
- Get summer started with a bang at Fiesta (July 8 to September 8)
- Get set for some trick or treats at Science Spoooktacular (October 7 to 30).
- Experience the sights and sounds of Christmas past with the return of the hugely popular Science Dino-mite (December 2 to January 7)
READ MORE: Court round-up: Latest cases from Andover and surrounding area
On top of this, there will also be a whole host of events in the evenings.
Families are invited to come on an astro adventure at the Science Centre where they will head outside and discover the stars and planets of the night sky, live. The adventure begins in the Planetarium where young and old will learn the skills needed to identify what’s above us. After spending some time exploring the Science Centre’s two floors of exhibits, visitors will follow the stargazing host outside into the South Downs National Park, an International Dark Sky Reserve, for some epic stargazing.
For a completely unique cinema experience, visitors can sit back and relax as some of Hollywood’s most-loved classic movies play out under the stars of the Planetarium. Families can treat the kids to some classic movie history, while at the adults-only screening visitors can relive their childhood memories.
Why should kids have all the fun? It’s time for the grown-ups to press the buttons at the explosive, adults only, Science Lates. Explode into the weekend with live science and live music. Explore the Science Centre with a drink in hand. Play with the exhibits. Be wowed by awesome science demos. And settle in for an out-of-this-world Planetarium experience.
Leave a Reply